This document describe how to upgrade the Rundeck-Pro version on windows environment.
First, Download the rundeckpro-edition-X.X.X.war file from the download page.
The upgrade procedure should be:
1) backup the log4j.properties file.
Copy your log4j.properties and web.xml, if you have changed anything there: ($CATALINA_BASE/webapps/rundeckpro/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties)
2) Remove your rundeckpro and rundeckpro.war webapps directory.
3) Rename or remove the libext folder located in $RDECK_BASE, because the new version will load new plugin versions.
Also it is recommended to remove the content of the folder $RDECK_BASE/var/tmp/pluginJars/
*If you have your own plugins on the previous libext folder, copy them back to the new libext folder.
4) If you have setting related with plugins in $RDECK_BASE/etc/rundeck-config.properties, comment them in the first deploy.
For example something like this:
5) Copy the new war file to $CATALINA_BASE/webapps/
6) unzip the .war file if the autodeploy is not enabled.
7) Update your web.xml and log4j.properties from previous version:
In case that you changed the default settings.
Copy the saved log4j.properties back to $CATALINA_BASE/webapps/rundeckpro/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties
8) restart Tomcat
9) Uncomment the setting in $RDECK_BASE/etc/rundeck-config.properties (if you did the step 4) and restart tomcat again.