The following image has an example about how Rundeck PRO DR can be installed. This environment needs two Rundeck PRO DR instances installed on different machines, and each instance needs an external database and log storage. Also, it is necessary to forward the incoming calls to the active instance (for example using a Load Balancer) and a monitor that will check periodically the status of the active instance.
- For Windows: http://support.rundeck.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2827009-install-rundeck-pro-on-windows
- For Linux: http://support.rundeck.com/customer/portal/articles/2826993-install-rundeck-pro-on-linux
For the DR install, we need to enable and configure the Job Replication Plugin and Execution Replication Plugin. The first one will replicate all the jobs from the active instance to the passive instance, and the second one will replicate all the job executions generated on the active instance.
The job replication plugin is setting at project level. This means that you need to configure it for each project on your rundeck DR active instance. To enable it following these steps:
- Go to the admin page, on SCM option
- Click on “Job Replication”
- Then all the job created on the project will be replicated to the passive instance.
- The Project must be created on the passive instance in order to replicate the jobs from the active instance.
Endpoint URL: URL of the passive instance.
API Token: Token from a user of the passive instance.
This plugin creates a rundeck formatted Project Archive for each execution, and uploads it to a remote Rundeck server, to replicate the execution data
To enable the plugin, you need to add to modify the following config files:
- on rundeck-config.properties:
- On framework.properties or project.properties:
- rundeckUrl: URL of the passive instance
- apiToken: Api token from the passive instance
*if you define these settings on framework.properties, this setting will apply for all projects inside the active instance. Otherwise you can define these on project.properties or the admin page on the GUI.
For passive instance, you need to do the following:
- Get a token for the settings explained on 3.1 and 3.2
- Create the project that you will use with Job Replication (3.1)